Base Power’s all-in-one energy system uses the sun to generate electricity through photovoltaic (PV) solar panels. Excess energy is stored in batteries, with the option of a backup generator for times of low light or high load.
A stand-alone power system (SAPS), Base Power is set up on your property without the need to be connected to traditional network power poles and lines.
Designed especially with remote locations in mind, with Base Power you can expect at least the same quality power – or in many cases, even better – than you would receive from your local lines power supply.
Simple to operate, the smart Base Power system efficiently runs itself. Just like when you were connected to the electricity lines network, Base Power will manage your power automatically. The intelligent design means it can resolve issues itself and has a target of 99.9% uptime – meaning you can depend on having reliable power no matter what’s happening with the weather or on the local electricity network.
How it works
Off-grid power technology works by using a combination of solar power, an energy storage unit (ESU) and an optional generator. These stand-alone power systems are remotely set up on your property without the need to be connected to the main power supply.
- The energy storage units (ESU) combine an inverter, batteries, frame, cladding, switchgear, and systems for managing solar energy
- The solar panels or photovoltaics (PV) come complete with frame, supports and wiring
- The generator consists of a diesel motor, alternator, enclosure and base
Homes, baches and huts, workplaces, remote dwellings, small shearing sheds, supplementary cowshed supply….
As Base Power’s off-grid models are tailored to meet individual customer needs, a variety of specifications and technology is available to suit you.
- Single-phase systems deliver voltages through peaks and troughs. Suits most households and small commercial set-ups.
- Three-phase systems offer constant electricity transfers. Suitable for heavy load applications and the running of large electric motors.
- Off-grid performance with an output voltage of 230 volts at 50Hz – the same as the national grid.
Our energy storage units (ESU) feature:
- A sturdy aluminium frame with powder coated cladding – lockable and safe to touch
- Interactive inverter(s) which efficiently manage the solar energy between the PV, batteries, generator and customer load
- MPPT solar charges which manage the solar energy harvested from the PV
- Switchgear, providing protection and electrical isolation
- Internal communications between components
- Wifi compatibility
Our solar panels feature:
- A modular frame that supports and securely holds the panels
- A frame support that provides a connection between the frame and the support
- An electrically sound wiring pathway to the ESU
Our backup generator features:
- A Caterpillar diesel engine
- An alert light on the ESU for when the diesel needs topping up in the generator
- Secure enclosure, providing protection from the elements and noise mitigation
- A concrete pad